Wednesday, 3 June 2009

Tomorrow must wait


I should do a follow up on the role of women but I have been interested by something else!

At my Diva's graduation, her mum in her speech commented that she was proud that she didn't disgrace her...this is true! She told a story about a girl who had been sent to school in the Amerix and rather than go to school, paid for her boyfriend to go to school!WOW!! talk about self-sacrifice. Today I watched a nigerian movie(the joys of post-exam lounging) called Tomorrow must wait which was the exact same storyline except it was set in a 'prestigious university' in Nigeria!! My initial reaction was 'what a stupid girl!'...I have since wondered, was I right to think that about her. Obviously there are pros and cons. She has wasted four years of her life, her parents money, shame and disgeace on the family, little prospects for tomorrow seeing as she has no degree (debateable) and as for the boyfriend, he may never talk to her again although he is indebted to her for her self-sacrifice!
However I am confused still as to whether I think the girl was a fool or not...like it was an amazing measure of sacrifice and can be said to be love not even for her boyfriend but for another human being...but was she stupid to make this sacrifice and will she reap valuable reward...was it worth it?

So random blog!

2 comments:

  1. Ko worth e....They sent her 2 uni......she went 2 spend her skul fees on okunrin........dats rily stupid of her,so what now,she does not have a life and the boyfriend does awwwww how sweet,if the bobo decides 2 leave her nko??? How stupid can she get.There is sacrifice and there is sacrifice,u dnt make stupid and senseless sacrifices like that,what i call a meaningful sacrifice is the kind a mother makes for her children,when she has not eaten and she makes sure that her children eat dinner,the kind where she is willing to deprive herself of the good things of life so that her children can get an education not stupid ones like this.........hisssssss

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes but then if you look at it as a mother-theresaesque sacrifice,it kinda puts her in a good light...i don't know jo, but madam, easy on the girl now!!!haha!

    ReplyDelete