Wednesday, 4 November 2009

Awkwardness galore


I don't know why the hell my title is that, I just thought I should write that!!! Anyway I am blogging about conversation fillers and why they annoy me...well sometimes...I however will not doubt that they are conversation savers...and I have used them but they still annoy me...

1. LOL, LMAO, ROTFLMAO: These particularly irk me...especially when there is nothing to lol about...like seriously why are you loli-ing or lyao, why?? people always say it when there's nothing else to say...In recent times, I have been socially inept so I have asked, 'why are you lol-ing' or rudely put, what's funny?? I apologize now though...actually I'm really not sorry...if you think something deserves a smile if you were conversing in real life...say ismile or send a smiley face or say cute...not lol...

2. Are you serious??: Seriously, I am serious hence I told you what I told you, asking me won't really change that! For example,
'how are you?'
'I'm fine, o',
'are you serious??'
No I just said I was fine because I like to answer questions the right way!!like are you serious??

3. Err,hmm: Ok I am most guilty of this, but it is actually life-saving and I find it more intelligent sounding than LOL but still why are you hmmm-ing??

4.Seen: OMG, if anything irks me more than LOL it is 'seen'...seen what?I never use this word actually, its a big no no, like it really is!!seen...eew...

5. DUH: especially when used in the wrong context, OMG, it hurts...it really does...My aunty used it wrongly and the only restraint I had from slapping her, was the thought that she is my aunty...otherwise I would have.
I said 'O aunty when did you get her',
she answered 'duh, i've been here since'...
I was like so why the hell did you say 'duh'***in my head that is!!

Ok so rant over, should anyone have any other suggestions on what fillers annoy you feel free to say so...

Peace, love, and no to bad convos (also I really need to find a slogan)

5 comments:

  1. Lol(yes i typed it sue me). Okay but i'm seriously laughin at this..how bout 'innit'......I went to uni today innit. Wtf is that..mcheeew.
    I'm guilty of everything here sha...mostly from habit not because i actually enjoy saying/typing them. LWKMD..hehehe, i know you're going to kill me for this..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. O God,innit is actually more than a conversation filler, it does not save the conversation either,its just razz innit!eew!major eew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yould be just fine!!!!! get over it... and recently i tried to stop using lol.. but the smileys were just inefficient and looked worrisome.. and heehehe haha, *smile* etc.. just gets looong sometimes but yea... as i said... you'ld be fine... because ama be using them words :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sticking my tongue out* NTTFG!!!!and you are soooooo guilty of using all of these actually,like majorly guilty because i learnt 'err ya' from you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO..oops. guilty of most. I learned seen from a friend. it used to irk me but it's convenient. lol is a lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete