Tuesday, 10 November 2009

Case of the EX


Err I like that song!!hence the title!! So as I was perusing blogsville today(instead of typing SFP presentation!), I read sugarking's post, and it is the inspiration for today's blog!!

I think exes are useful, well the ones that are! There are some exes that add no value to your life or even theirs hence they are delete button worthy!! I disagree that you cannot move on while an ex is still in your life, move on to where, like in a new relationship??Its difficult not impossible!
So I am now going to write 4 reasons why your ex should not be deleted permanently and I hope I will be able to convince you and not confuse you(err yeah I miss primary school debates...good morning my panel of judges, accurate timekeeper(hahahaha)...Ok I digress!)

1. Your ex is part of your network...I left this comment on the post! In life there will come a time when you will need to know someone who does something and yes you can make new friends etc but how much easier would it be if it were an ex that you kept in touch with!I realise that if it was a bad break-up, then this won't work(pls take that with a pinch of salt because old grudges can and do die!) but assuming it wasn't, it won't kill you to say the occasional happy birthday, merry xmas and the once a year OMG I haven't heard from you in ages conversation! Old feelings don't have to come back just because there is a little attention being given!

2. You may want to get back together and this isn't such a bad thing. If you feel that a break-up was necessary to help you realise that you should be together, the delete button can kill the hope! and we wouldn't want that would we!! Also the best romance for me is the problematic and drama-filled one!!!The happy times are always so happy and genuine *dreamy eyes*!!

3. Sex with the ex can be a good thing! If you're single and a girl, sex with your ex makes you feel less 'hoeish' because you've done him before so nothing new! For the boy, it means you don't have to convince her that its not just sex and you really like her! There is always a kind of understanding that lacks the complication that comes with sleeping with a new person. *shrugs shoulders* I may be wrong!! If you're not single however, err you shouldn't sex with an ex unless one partner is a virgin (personally, I believe it is unfair to make a boy/girl who is sexually active inactive because they are dating you who is a virgin!- *shrugs shoulders*, my moral compass is lacking!)

4. Keep an ex especially if the person can be objective...so yes, the job of a consultant is useful! Sometimes we're so wrapped up in the new relationship, we cannot look at things objectively...and an ex is who points it out because he/she can! Your friends(current ones) may not be able to do so for fear of offending you or bursting your bubble of euphoria but an objective ex just says it and sometimes we need that!

Ok so these are the only reasons I could come up with and they have been inspired by various situations around me and my closest friends.

Peace, love and your ex can be your friend!

7 comments:

  1. your ex can be your friend if both parties are willing to work at friendship.in most cases,someone always wants more..especially if the sex was good.the ex can always become a booty call,especially if it was not a bad break up. girls like to deceive themselves that they have whatever relationship they are into under control,which is not always right..i don tire for them..
    The truth of this issue is that to move forward in a new relationship usually demands letting the ex go...miss koa wake up dont make excuses for the feeling u still have for ur ex...no hard feelings my dear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny that you think that I am not letting an ex go, the only ex I've ever had is dead-he kinda let go for me!
    And I agree sometimes, someone always wants more but not all the time hence 'difficult not impossible!letting the ex go also does not mean deleting he/she from your life as in pretending they are non-existent!
    Hmm I wonder however if you're a boy or girl!!I will now make that my mission to find out by analysing your comment!(tempted to LOL but I won't write it so here's a smiley instead :)!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. difficult not imossible...how possile is that you are left totally alone with someone u were very comfortable around and u say nothing will happen...if the girl does not think about the guy definately will..its becomes a situation of no strings attached.hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm, i agree with most of the points apart from the sex part... i understand its convinient but i dont think sex should be err convinient if you get what i mean? For me having sex with an ex is a no no... but yeah i love all my exes with my heart and i am good friends with them all and they are an integral piece of the puzzle which is my life(im cpoyrighting this last sentence haha i like it)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is possible not to have sex because you're comfy and alone...self-control&discipline!!!
    err B,i knew you would get this!love you boo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found you link from burramint and came to check. The workers logues got me cracking and this makes a lot of sense. I've added you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww thanks myne whitman, I will be on your blog as soon as I make this sausage sauce!!and leave a comment as sweet as yours!

    ReplyDelete