
Firstly I must say, you need to watch his interview if you haven't seen it and read his acceptance speech if you haven't done so either. I love this man.Like I really do. He is the beginning of a true breed of politicians to come into power in Nigeria. Unfazed, yet he doesn't seem unconcerned. Nigeria is his country,that is all. He is not a one tribe leader, he is 'the people's man'. The beautiful ones will be born in his time...Amen.
Ok moving on, many people feel that politics and participation in politics is a right. I disagree(Hannah Arendt,I'm sorry, gotta leave you on this one).. I believe that everyone should have minimal involvement i.e. vote etc but truth be told,its discussion is not for every John and Joseph. Nigerian and African politics is the way it is because we think that we all know,when the truth is we don't. We don't know what its like to rule or control a country with 250 ethnic groups and 520 languages(with only 9 extinct). If you can't control a class of 50 students, how much more a country with such diversity? I don't want to make excuses for the state of our nations but I don't want to excuse all the nonsense being said by people who do not know either. Those who know,know...let them progress as for those who don't know,please vote, voice your concerns but don't talk like you can do it better because you can't unless you're willing to learn...
There I have said it, POLITICS IS NOT FOR EVERYONE.find your own calling in life!
On bright note, GOODLUCK FOR PRESIDENT 2011!cast your vote.

I like Goodluck too but he is yet to win me over. The interview with CNN and the press conference were good sha.
ReplyDelete