Wednesday, 7 October 2009

Corruption+Stalking= Summer



**As we know, I like to blog with pictures, I can't find the picture for bad service, stalking in a bank...so the picture above was the best that came up...In a twisted way you can see a relation...money=bank, men=stalkers!!!(I'm in a man-hate mood!)

So early this summer, I thought I should open a bank account and so I did with a bank on Awolowo road(I would say the name of the bank, but I feel bad for them as this is negative publicity and they are getting enough as it is...*there's a hint people*) Anyhoo, so I opened my account and paid in some money at the cashier's desk. Don't actually know why but I filled in a book that asked for my name and phone number and I think bank account number(I'm guessing that's like a register to record incoming money). At about 7pm, I got the following text message...

"K,i intend 2 cal u nt 2 flash.bt d cash in my fone is less 2 talk 2u,sumtyn i jst wnt 2 chip in2 ur earin is dt ure lookn tek away,icnt wait 2 tel u ure beutiful.u came 2 lodge cash dis aftrnun @ *%PLC,d guy u paid 2 wn u came 2d bank is willin 2 av u as a pal. hope am welcom in2 ur world.Sahid"

The Problems with that text:

1. It is unethical to steal a customers number let alone contact them.

2. There is no confidentiality, which is scary because I am assuming that this moron would probably be able to access my account, passwords etc because he typed in my account number and the amount I paid in.

3. For a graduate( I assume he is as he works in the bank), his sentences are badly structured even for text language...what the hell does 'ure lukn tek away' mean?? I mean really??

The meaning of the text

1. Just another problem we need to deal with in Nigeria, the service sector. Service people need to be taught not to stalk their customers for fun. It is only acceptable(and I say this because I cannot think of a better word) if a person is psychologically challenged in which case he/she should be put away.

2. The fact that I did not reply or report shows that there is something wrong with me, because I have given him the chance to do this again to someone else. He thinks it is normal and I can bet that he has gotten babes like this which reiterates my point about the state of mind of the Lagosian person being sick in some way.

3. Our literacy levels are still low, how a graduate cannot string a normal sentence is beyond me. It does not become our education system at all.

****I must say despite the creepiness and bad spelling, I was quite flattered mostly because I went to the bank in my pyjamas- meaning I am attractive straight out of bed...too mad for a babe mehn(Ok don't judge me, I want to believe what I just wrote!)

I will write the second part of this blog maybe today, maybe tomorrow but for now, I am hungry...

peace, love and NO to bad service

1 comment:

  1. what irked me the most about his text was the fact he felt obligated to shorten your name to k. Faaaamz! it is expected sha...lol

    ReplyDelete