Saturday, 9 May 2009

GOD



I just watched this 'big impact video' and although I say shame unto the professor for trying to indoctrinate rather than impart knowledge, I don't know if I fully agree with the proposition this video makes. The video advocates that the event is true and not made up, but if we follow the theory of believing newspapers over the bible,this video is just another piece of propaganda like the bible or like a newspaper and so why should we believe what it says?

The professor running is something I really do not understand? Why did he run? A fear that there is a God or the shame of being wrong for the first time? It seems abit stupid that he ran. If he really believed in the non-existence of God, he would have been able to make an argument as to why the chalk did not shatter. Again this brings me back to the point I made about the video being a piece of propaganda. But let's not dwell to much on that, its not that relevant.

***Let me just say that I am a firm believer in the existence of God in all circumstances and I thank Him daily for my Faith.

The word 'Faith' brings me to my point. The boy who stood fair enough was brave and chose to stand for Christ but his faith allowed him do that. The video is critical of those who believe the newspaper and not the bible... Essentially, they are judging those who do not have faith in the existence of a supernatural. I would argue that this is normal for 2 reasons(maybe more,maybe less).

1. The writers/journalists of newspaper articles are visible to us. If you wanted to meet Anna Politkovskaya(the Russian journalist who was killed) you would be able to. If you disagreed with the views of Larry King, you could write to him and he would reply. Essentially writers can be seen,felt,smelt! Whether we accept or not, the fact that God or Jesus are not in human form is a hindrance to those who do not have Faith. I believe that even God knows this which is why he performs miracles etc so that we may believe.

2. Does anyone really and truly believe in the Trojan wars, the voyages of Odysseus etc...they are described as mythical,fantasy anything but a reality. This can be said of the bible...The stories are so amazing, it is difficult to take it seriously. (This may be the problem where we read the bible literally). More to the point, the writers of these biblical stories are not visible to us...If you disagree with the writing in Paul chapter 2 verse 5, who are you going to e-mail and who will reply. In our world of expanding technology, it is becoming more difficult to have Faith and just accept the existence of a supernatural being.

What is my point, that is is well and good for the boy to stand up and for the self-righteous religious to pat him on the back and scorn the 6000 students who went away not standing but let us when judging take our modern world into consideration.

Peace be unto you!

1 comment:

  1. i have not watched the movie so i don'y know if i fully understand... yeah but good points on faith

    ReplyDelete