
I have been thinking about 'women' and how they shape our society. Everyday we hear about our world being 'a man's world' and women have no rights, no life, nothing, we are slaves to men in our societies...laws created are patriachal and so automatically exclude women from particiapting in society. I have come to the conclusion that this is an extreme view because I feel women are a much to blame as men are for the 'patriachal' society. Using the Nigerian society, I would like to make a few generalizations about the African society and the World in general.
1. Men are born by women!
Obviously!! It seems a norm that women have close bonds to their kids as they are born which means that a mother's love for her child is something that child will always respect. In this sense therefore, women have a hold over their children in a way no one else really does(except you're the devil in the devil's advocate. Essentially a woman wields power over her son and influences alot of decisions he makes...
2. Women do not use the power effectively!
So they have this influence, but rather than steer the child in the right directions, they manipulate and hate their daughters in- law!! A woman who has the 'ear' of her son can influence him so positively pro-women that should he be in a position of law-making, he would defend women. Mary had the ear of her son which is why he turned water to wine...women should emulate her in the way she dealt with her child whether or not he was the son of God...The bible may not tell us that Jesus got a spanking at 5 for peeing on the bed but I would like to assume that his mother would have done that to him. Evidently, the fact that he turned the water to wine, she had set down a few rules before about 'disobeying mummy'!
I have more to say but I have to go now because of thursday but come thursday 7pm(maybe not) I will add to this!

No comments:
Post a Comment